Welcome to Drake's blog! Drake is my youngest Sheltie puppy. After reading Susan Garrett's Shaping Success, I decided the next puppy I started, I would train him or her using Susan's wonderful methods, as well as those of other trainers using shaping/clicker training to train their agility dogs. Here you will find our trials, successes, progress, pictures, and videos as Drake learns to be a successful agility dog, starting from the age of 15 weeks on up through competition using shaping.
I thought it would be really interesting to start a blog and track the progress of my first puppy to start from the get go with these methods, and have that there to refer back to with future dogs.
Susan's book has been such an inspiration to me. I plan to start out using her Shaping Success book, my clicker rally book, and crate games from the get go with him, and down the road, implement her wonderful 2x2 weave method, and Silvia Trkman's running contact method with him.
I hope you enjoy following along on our journey to what will hopefully be a successful learning experience, agility career, and amazing bonding opportunity. I recommend to anyone reading this that hasn't already done so to get Shaping Success, and read it. Not only does it have informative training information, but it's also an entertaining read.
Monday, January 18, 2010
Welcome!
Posted by Drake at 1:49 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment